Methods of establishment
- Broadcasting / parachute
- Row sowing
- Transplanting (row and random)
Incubation of soaked seeds
Seeds were separated from water. Banana leaves were layered on the selected place and seeds were layered about 4 – 5 inches of layer on the leaves. Then seed heap was covered with banana leaves and it is weighed.
- Wet bed
- Dry bed
- Modified dapog
- Dapog (mat)
- Bubble tray
Modified wet bed
- Polythene was layer on the paddy land and then mud layer on the polythene.
- Mud layer was evenly distributed. Incubated seeds were evenly distributed in the mud.
Wet bed nursery
- High numbers of seeds were broadcasted on ploughed and narrowed paddy land.
- About 25 bubble trays were used.
- Size is 59 cm x 34 cm with 434 embedded holes.
- 750 trays per hectare.
- Trays were filled with muddy mixture.
- Pre-germinated seeds were placed in holes 2 per each.
- Then it was covered with mud.
- It was transplanted after 15 days.
Wet Bed Nursery
Don’t Ignore SHARE this ! – Scroll down for Comments and Related Articles !