Bean is a common name for large plant seeds of several genera of the family. Fabaceae (alternately Leguminosae) which are used for human or animal food.
Climatic and soil requirements
High temperature and high rainfall are not suitable. Temperature should be lower than 300C at the flowering stage. Bean can be grown on sandy loam soil. Soil pH range is 6.5 – 7.5. Water logging condition and clay soil are not suitable. Red yellow podsolic soil is suitable.
Pole bean type
- Kenchuky wander green (KWG) – Green color, medium size, curved end pods.
- Kenchuky wander wax
- Pees butter
- Lanka nil
Bush bean type
- Wade – Dark green, round, fleshy and medium size pods
- Top crop – Light green, round, fibrous and medium size pods
- Pole bean type – 75 kg/ha
- Bush bean type – 50 kg/ha
- Pole bean type – 45 cm x 60 cm
- Bush bean type – 50 cm x 10 cm
Don’t Ignore SHARE this ! – Scroll down for Comments and Related Articles !